- Asking for a favour
– Could you do me a favour, please?
– Would you mind doing me a favour?
– Could I ask a favour of you?
– Could you help me with this, please?
– Could you hold this for me, please?
– I was wondering whether you could write me a recommendation letter?
– Could you lend me a hand with this, please?
– Have you got time to help me solving this math issue?
– If it’s not too much trouble, could you ask her for me?
- Preparing to ask for a favour
– Are you free on Sunday? It’s just I need someone to babysit my two-years-old daughter Emma.
– Are you busy this week? I’ve got to finish this project and I need you experience.
– I’ve got to move house this week, I don’t suppose you could help me out.
– About that favour you owe me, could you take care of my sister?
– I am not very good at this, could you handle it?
– I need to call in that favour I did for a while ago.
– You know a lot about computer programming, don’t you? Could you show me some of your code sources?
– You’re perfect at this, could you help to understand what’s the difference between the passive and the active voice?
– I know this might sound a bit cheeky, but could you tell your husband to forgive me about what happend yesterday?
– You’re strong, aren’t you? Could you help me move this heavy piece of furniture from there?
- Thanking someone
– Thank you so much!
– You’ve saved my day.
– Thanks a million.
– You’re a true friend.
– I really owe you one.
– I’ll buy you a drink sometime.
– I’ll return the favour one day.
– I’ll do the same for you one day.
– You’re an absolute lifesaver!
- Agreeing to do someone a favour
– OK. No problem.
– Yes, I could help with that.
– No problem at all.
– Of course! what can I do for you?
– It would be a pleasure.
- Saying no
– Actually, I’m a bit busy this week.
– I’m afraid I’ve got to go to a wedding.
– I’m sorry but I can’t because my little brother will visit me and I need to pick him up from the airport.
– I’m not available on Monday. It’s the beginning of the week, you how busy it is.
– I’d like to be able to help you but my father won’t let me stay with you tonight, especially tonight.
– When was the last time you ever did anything for me?
– No, I don’t think so!
– No way!
– I won’t help you out, forget it!