Hope and despair
– If only we could save them!
– If only it stopped snowing!
– If only I knew how to start my own business like my cousin.
– It has been a while since we last met. Let’s hope that he will recognize us!
– I do hope that one day those beverages will be prohibited!
– She only hopes for a little attention from the others.
– I hope things will work out in the end.
– He hoped his son would outlive him.
– Hopefully, it will trigger off a positive answer!
– We remain hopeful that the war will soon be over.
– What is to be hoped is that she finds the witness.
– It would be so nice if these demonstrations stopped!
– It would be great if it took place here.
– After my bad first interview for this job, It would be just fine if we got a second interview.
– Wouldn’t it be wonderful if they stopped polluting the earth?
– He’s been dreaming of living in the United States of America since he was a child.
– I’m looking forward to getting an answer as soon as possible.
– They wish to introduce anti-apartheid groups here too.
– I wish my boyfriend was more self-confident.
– Los Angeles is a wonderful place to visit. I wish I could go with you.
– I wish I could!
– Sometimes I wish that we were together.
– I wish you wouldn’t point out all the mistakes.
– Keep your fingers crossed!
– You never know!
– Never say die!
– I am at my wit’s end!
– I’m done for!
– I’m done here!
– What shall I do now?
– They’ve given up all hope.
– They despair of ever coming to an agreement.
– She’s driving me to despair!
– I guess he is giving up on me!
– It’s no good asking for a rise.
– We all know the truth. It’s no use trying to lie.
– It’s useless trying to help her.
– What’s the point of writing?
– There’s no point in asking them.
– I’m at the end of my tether.