- Asking for advice
– I’d like some advice about it.
– I need some advice.
– What would you advise me to do?
– I’m about to break up with him. What do you suggest?
– I don’t know what to do, could you advise me?
– I’m very confused, what do you think I should do?
– Don’t you think I could try?
– Please tell me, what would you do if you were me?
– What would you do in my place?
– Wouldn’t it be better for me to borrow one?
- Giving advice
– Follow my advice, and listen carefully.
– Take my advice : Try and improve your Japanese. It will help you in your career.
– If you want my advice, dismiss him.
– If I were you, I wouldn’t break up with him. He’s just so courteous and you don’t want to lose him.
– If I were in your place, I’d behave properly in front of them.
– I advise you to wait for a while. This is not a good time for giving up.
– Believe me : give him his money back. You don’t want to get in trouble.
– Take my word for it, leave this place.
– Let me tell you this : it’s not that bad, you can try again and again, just pull yourself together and you will be fine.
– It’s up to you, of course, but I wouldn’t do it.
– If I were in your shoes, I wouldn’t wait, she’s a one in a million.
– You’d better think twice about what you’re going to do!
– She’d better not talk to her father like this! She has to show him some respect.
– You could work more, couldn’t you?
– Couldn’t you make an effort?
– Why don’t you consult another doctor?
– I’d advise you to have a quick look at it.
– Why not catch an earlier train?
– Don’t you think it would be a good idea to have a few days’ holidays?
– Personally, I think the best would be to stay in bed for a few days.
– I think it would be better if you gave me the list.
– They shouldn’t talk so loudly.
– You should wait for us outside.
– It’s in your interest to leave this country for some time.
– It’s about time you studied foreign languages seriously. You know you will need them if you get a job.
– You ought to be more humane with them.
– They ought not to criticize her.
– It might be an idea to record the lecture.
– You might as well ring her from here.
– It occurred to me that you might as well resign.
- Refusing to give advice
– I’m sorry, I’m terrible in giving advice.
– I’m afraid I can’t suggest something.
– This is not my domain, and I don’t know what to advise.
– I wish I could help, but I can’t.
– I’m not sure about it.
– I have no clue about what, I can’t advise!