Today’s lesson is about making generalizations in English using expressions like : Most, A lot of, Not many, Very few, Tend to …
Most / A lot of / Not many / Very few
- Most people go to movies.
- A lot of young students don’t smoke nowadays.
- Not many people stay in New York during July.
- Very few people speak Arabic there.
It + Adjective + Infinitive
- It’s difficult to stay here during December.
- It’s normal to feel cold in this weather.
- It’s common for children to have a wide imagination.
- It’s hard for everyone to go through this.
Tend to + Verb
- Young people don’t tend to play chess so much.
- Spanish people tend to make a lot of gestures.