– We use Let and Allow to give someone permission to do something.
– We use Make to talk about obligation and to force someone to do something.
Make + Object + Verb (Without To)
- You should make him get a job.
- I know how to make you feel better.
- The new teacher never made us do homeworks.
Let + Object + Verb (Without To)
- My mother wouldn’t let me to go to the party.
- I know, you didn’t do your best. You just let me wen everytime.
- They won’t let their children make their own decisions.
Active form :
Allow + Object + to + Verb
Passive form :
Be + allowed + to + verb
- They always allow me to hang out with my friends and stay out late.
- We are not allowed to go there.
- Are they allowed to wear costumes this Halloween ?